Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Saturday, November 25, 2017



Every Day, In Every Way
“Every day and in every way, I’m getting better and better.”  My younger sister called our mom every day with this greeting after mom’s valve replacement surgery.  Now it’s my turn, she now calls me with the same greeting.  Most mornings, we recite it together.  When her number appears on the caller ID, I know the drill.'

This morning, I was sitting on a chair in the bathroom.  Looking at the counter, there are over the counter pain pills, heavy duty prescription pain pills, gauze pads and antiseptic cleanser. To counter balance those, I also have a peony candle which I light every morning.  There’s peach shower gel and peach body spray.  I sit, feeling blah, I don’t feel really bad and I don’t feel really good.  It’s 7:30 and I think about going back to bed.

Thanksgiving is over, we’ve eaten most of the leftovers, and folks have returned home. Friday, I marveled at the cars at the Milledgeville Mall. Allen/Ron and I picked up a few groceries, visited a friend in a nursing home.  I worked on the Sunday storytelling at Allen’s Market. (Sunday, 2pm, Gathering and Breaking Bread Together.)
  
This Sat. morning, I feel stuck. The phone rings, I see the caller ID and know the drill, “Every day and in every way, I’m getting better and better.”  It is true, I am getting better, I now feel better and it’s enough for me to finish the morning toiletries, get dressed and put on earrings.

While putting on the earrings, I remember what my oldest twin son said when he was about five, he’s now 33.  “All a woman needs to be beautiful is earrings, perfume and lipstick.”     

Today, I wore earrings and perfume.  I’m going to remember to add the lipstick.

No comments: