Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Monday, November 27, 2017



Spell Love “TIME”
 Healing sessions began today.  It was a long day, getting to the cancer center at 10AM, leaving at 3:45 and going next door for radiation and leaving there at 4:15 and getting home at 5, we stopped to pick up groceries.

During all that time, I was never alone.  My husband drove me and stayed with me all day.  My sister, visiting from Atlanta, stayed longer to be with me.  She arrived at noon and stayed until chemo was over.  I discouraged their staying.  I didn’t think it would make a difference.  I can find many ways to spend the time and I came prepared.

The kindle, magazine, book and cell phone never left my bag.  I didn’t need to be distracted.  I sat in a very comfortable recliner, covered with a warm blanked receiving the healing cocktail.  My husband and sister were visiting with me, not attending to someone sick
.
We talked with family, (reassuring my oldest sister), arranging a similar date with my niece, a retired Army Sargent Major. There was laughter, snacking and remembering the highlights of the Thanksgiving Feast.

I didn’t think they needed to stay.  I’d urged them many times to attend to something else.  They stayed and I am thankful they did.  Their presence was comforting, reassuring, I wasn’t alone, the butterflies flew away and I felt loved.  The word “love” was never said, it didn’t have to be said.  I was felt, their time spelled “LOVE” louder than and words could ever say.

No comments: