Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

The One Thing

This morning got off to a reluctant start, I felt “this is more of the same.”  I have chia seed pudding and green tea waiting for breakfast and vitamins to take and a doctor’s visit.  I don’t want to eat chia pudding, I don’t want to drink green tea and I don’t want to take those vitamins. Some of you are probably thinking, “why would anyone want to eat those things?” 

I usually enjoy these foods. Holding a cup of warm green tea is comforting and the pudding is creamy, slightly sweet, filled with fruit and sprinkled with nuts. I know doing these things will help my healing; I just don’t feel like doing them today. I did manage to eat the pudding, drink the tea and take the vitamins before the doctor’s appointment. 

The oncologist walked in the room, one look at his face and I was expecting a coffin to follow him.  He looked as if the weight of the entire world was on his shoulders and the end of the world was just around the corner.  I asked about his expression, and he said, “What do you see?”
 “Bad news”.
“No bad news, this is just my face”, and finally a faint smile.

He reviews the blood work and everything is well, except my iron is slightly low.  All the things that are going well, the only thing he mentions is the one thing out of wack.  As I left, I thought about that “one thing”.  What about all those things that were on target?  What about all the things that worked so I made the appointment, paid for the prescription, got home safe.

The day is ending with a surprise visit from my niece.  She walked in with a huge smile, happy to see me and I was even happier to see her. This is a good day and very good day.
 

No comments: