Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Sunday, December 17, 2017



                                 Kindness from Friends and Strangers
An entrepreneurial, I’ve had many, many different jobs. When I moved home to Devereux a decade ago, I was working as a ghost writer for an Atlanta pastor.  With his notes and experience, I wrote a book on African-American funeral rituals.  The book was completed, and we’ve kept in touch, mostly through my sister.  They live in the same neighborhood and see each other at the grocery store.

I was pleasantly surprised by his phone call this evening.  As a pastor, his time is in great demand. Calling me doesn’t earn him any points with his congregation.  Knowing this, makes the call even more meaningful.  We caught up on what’s happening in each of our lives and he ended with prayer. It’ good to be remembered.

On the other end of the spectrum, is kindness from someone I’ve never met, they only heard my need for a multi-vitamin that would boost my immune system and increase my energy. Connecting me to this stranger was my brother.

My brother shared the story with the staff at the Willow Tree, a health food store in Macon.  Graciously, they gifted not only vitamins, but something for the burning skin that happens with radiation. They don’t know me from Adam, yet they generously contributed to my wellbeing.

I choose to live in a world of kindness.  Today, I experienced kindness from both a friend and a stranger.  Tomorrow, I will pass that kindness on. 

No comments: