Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Thursday, December 07, 2017




                                                 Energizer Bunny
Monday, I was like the energizer bunny, running on full batteries, forgetting the tiredness I felt during the weekend.  Tuesday morning, there was still residual energy.  Tuesday afternoon was a different story.  The batteries were running low and only went lower.  Wednesday, my batteries were drained and no amount of “pick myself by bootstraps” worked.

The best I could do was shuffle through the day, doing only what I had to do.  The rest of the time, it was all I could do to hold my head up.  Even my favorite “Star Trek” episodes lost their ability to take me outside my feelings.

When “Star Trek” can no longer do the trick. There’s only one think left, a good book.  Fortunately, I’d started one a few days before.  The remainder of Tuesday was spent curled up with “The Changeling”, a fantasy novel that brings together New York City, Trolls and a baby that’s replaced with a ‘changeling’.  In an afternoon, I covered more than 200 pages.

Reading took me into another world, I suspended my beliefs and let the author take me on a journey into his imagination.  While I didn’t feel much better, I was able to focus on something else and give my body the rest it demanded.

No comments: