Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Tuesday, December 05, 2017



There is a Book for That
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, I am doing my happy dance. The first six days of chemo are over and there are three weeks ahead for rebuilding my strength.  This part is behind me and three weeks to prepare for the next session.

My niece spent the day with me and it went by too fast.  We remembered, laughed, talked politics, and planned for the future, shared lunch, we shared love and respect for each other and appreciation for the foundation our family gave us.  We acknowledge that our success is built on the generation that came before us and we will continue to honor their sacrifices.

Afterwards, I spent time in the library, one of my favorite places on the planet.  I’ve often dreamed of spending the night in a library or bookstore.  My mantra could be, “There’s a book for that.”  Whatever problems I’ve encountered, I found answers in other’s experience.  I’ve always thought, “someone else has solved this problem, I don’t have to reinvent the wheel.”

I’ve read to understand reality, not escape it.  Now, I have enough reality and I want to escape.  The beauty of storytelling is the ability to draw listeners into a new world where the normal rules don’t apply.  In this world, anything is possible, and all things are possible.  I’m wanting to enter an imaginary world that is so compelling I willingly suspend belief. Think, “Harry Potter”, “The Hobbit”, “The Chronicles of Narnia”.

I am on the hunt, knowing “there is a book for that”

No comments: