Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017



                                              I love to See Things Grow
Each day, I looked at the fall flowers killed by the first frost.  The de viad flowers made the yard look even worst.  Just pulling them up would be an improvement. The last few days have been my best and was determined to work in the yard.  Yes, I could have asked for help, this was something I wanted to do. 

Saturday, I took a chair, garbage bags, and a knife.  I began pulling up the frost-bitten flowers, I pulled half and went inside to rest.  Two hours later, I came out and finished.  I rested and cut down dried calla lily stalks. The yard look so much better and still barren.  I wanted to see color.

Sunday morning, I was at Lowes, looking for pansies.  The deep blue was calling my name and they were paired with yellow violas.  There are seven beds, the last is all vilolas and two matching pots.

Today was the first day of my second round of healing from chemo.  It was a long day and I was determined to get those two pots finished.  It felt so good looking at them.  My mom was an avid gardner and I never understood.  When asked why she said, “I love seeing this grow.” Now I understand, I love to see things I planted grow.


No comments: