Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017



Letting Go with Love
I have a few strands of hair left and there are fewer each minute.  It is hard to let them go.  The strands are leaving one by one and there is nothing I can do to stop it.  Going cold turkey was not possible Saturday.  Thankfully, my acceptance was made possible by a Reiki healing session and guided meditation from Brandi Davis.

Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei - "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki - "life force energy". Reiki’s benefits include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.  The guided mediation supported the calm and peacefulness, step by step.

Brandi brought her expertise and everything else, the table, crystals, and guided meditation.  As she began I could feel the tension leaving my arms and legs.  The tension in my shoulders was more difficult. I felt the weight of the world.

Calming and peaceful Images emerged, a secret place in the woods while a child, hearing the bubbling creek and falling leaves on Waddell Rd, the men and women guides along my path.  For each difficult time, there was a reminder of the love and kindness that was also there.  The session lead me to accepting that it was time to lovingly let go of past hurts.  Letting go gives me more room for what I want.

It’s time and I am ready.  I haven’t decided how?  I could butcher it myself.  I want to give those strands more respect.  They have served me well and I lovingly released them.  I thought about asking my husband and it would be heartbreaking for him.  Who do I call?  My hair stylist niece, Kadijah Akbar.  She’ll know what to do.

Kadijah, one more time.  I need both the hair stylist and my niece.  We started together, and we’ll finish together.

No comments: