Together Again

Together Again
We are all together.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

                                                There’s a New Sheriff in Town
The day has unfolded in waves of energy and waves of lethargy. I’m reminded of the advice given when my twins were babies, “Rest while they are resting.” Getting anything done means catching the energy wave while it lasts.

Generally speaking, my body has responded from commands from my head. There’s a new sheriff in town and not about to surrender the reigns of power. I can remember having a bad cold and working three different jobs in the same day. I was a lot younger, a little crazed and desperate.

Accepting the waves as they come, I did manage to cook breakfast, shopping, visiting two neighbors, reading and working on the December storytelling. I can eat and drink more when my energy is highest. I spent a lot of time eating, drinking (seltzer water) and being merry.

My mom lived to 90 and years ago I recognized that if I wanted to live to a ripe old age, I would have to make changes. I walked most days, begin eating more fruits and veggies, cultivating close friendships, volunteering and continually learning about a healthy lifestyle.

Saturday is winding down and so am I. This was a good day.

No comments: